Requesting an Estimate
Financial Counseling Line: 915-545-1823
Before calling, be prepared with the following information:
1. Description of the services you need, and if possible, the CPT-4 code which can be obtained from your physician’s office. We will also need details such as any implants that will be used or other items, and if the services or procedure will be conducted as an outpatient, inpatient, or same day surgery.
2. The name of your physician, surgeon, or specialist.
3. Your insurance ID card information so that we can contact your insurance provider to obtain your out-of-pocket costs.
4. We will then be able to provide you with an estimate of the costs for the services you need.
Not Included in an Estimate:
When we provide you with estimates, we do not provide quotes on physician billing or any professional services for Radiology, Anesthesia, Emergency Medicine, Surgeon, other Specialists, etc. These providers will bill you separately. If you have questions about those bills, please contact the physician’s billing office at the number provided on your statement from those providers.
Our Billing Process in Summary:
1. Patient receives care at our facility.
2. After discharge, a claim will be sent to your insurance provider.
3. Your insurance company may contact you for additional information. For example, for the coordination of benefits. We ask that you kindly respond as quickly as possible to avoid payment processing delays.
4. The timeframe for processing your claim with your insurance provider can take from 30 days to sometimes a year.
5. After your insurance provider processes the claim and issues payment, we will provide you with a statement with the amount you owe, which should compare to the explanation of benefits you will receive from your insurance provider.
Our providers’ primary focus is to stabilize and preserve human life. If a patient is in a lifethreatening situation and additional services are needed to maintain life, these are unforeseen complications which we cannot predict or quote an estimate. Each patient may receive a unique set of items and services based on their individual needs at the time of care that could not have been predicted when scheduling the service. Therefore, a final bill for the services we provide may likely differ substantially from the estimate we provide. Our facilities will not be held responsible for any inaccuracies or discrepancies in our estimates versus final bills due to the limited information we receive at the time of the estimate.